Wednesday, September 1, 2010

To Have and To Hold

I'm sick. Like sick sick. Like, you've heard, "sick as a dog?" Well I've never seen a dog this sick. You get the point... I'm not a happy camper. Anyways, pity is not what I'm after... though a little wouldnt hurt. I tell you this to set the scene in the Fuson home at 5am on this lovely Wednesday morning. I have been up all night, and you know what that means; we've ALL been up all night. Ahhh the joys of co-habitating in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath penthouse suite. Sure, none of us would blame the mister for hating me just a little more with each onward switch of the light, creek of the door or roar of the filling bathtub (it's the only thing that helps).. but no, my sleepy-faced little boy will just roll over, ask if there is anything he can do, perhaps try to rub my back for a millisecond, and within moments, he will resume his heavy-breathing, snort, snore, snort, sigh regimen.

Yes, being sick sucks...plainly stated. But I will say, having a care-taker, if just for fleeting moments, really does make it better... bearable at least. I got the card pictured below during a late-night Kroger run yesterday.... monday... whatever, I'm sleep deprived and confused. Anyway, the mister was going to have a pretty important morning the next day, so I wanted to make a lovely breakfast to get his day started off on an energized note. I made a yummy sausage pie (that's what I'll call it)... a recipe by the wonderful Aubrey West. I have to admit, it was gooooood. Let's be honest though, like I could mess up anything with sausage and cream cheese. yum, but I digress. I gave the mister this card with his breakfast. I don't think I have ever seen anything that depicts my realtionship with the love of my life any more. I smile everytime I look at it. The inside of the card was blank, which I always prefer. My message was short and sweet. "Thank you for taking care of me. I promise to take care of you forever." That is marriage. That has been the last few hours around here. That is how it should be... to have and to hold... on sicky, nasty nights and in health. Goodnight for me. Good-day to you all!

1 comment:

Brittany Fuson said...

what's wrong with you?????