Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BAM, BAM Thank You Mam

Woah guys, I. am. on. a. roll. 3 posts in one week? Epic. What a week. Whaaattttt a week.

It all strated Friday... da da dum.

So, im hanging out at home, you know, cooking, cleaning writing thank you notes... or so I like to tell the story, when all of the sudden BAM! My phone is dunzo. Ok, perhaps my storytelling lingers on the dramatic today, but so be it. For those of you who have a job, especially one in which you need to be reached at all hours of the day and night, you sympathize with my plight. PhoneLESS equals stressFUL! The mister arrives home just as my own head steams as hot as the enchillada casserole in the oven. Being the sweet, helpful and mostly-smart man that he is, he tells me to head on to Verizon while he waits on dinner and takes it over to the Frid's, who were sitting around waiting on us and the casserole :(

Driving without a phone, nay BEING without a phone, is a very strange, yet liberating thing. Coasting down the road I feel confused... what do I do with my hands?!? Sorry mom :) So, I am thrilled to see that the new Bwood Verizon is open. Ok, let's make this short and sweet. The place was empty. Hooray. Wait... it's empty because they are completely incapable of doing ANYthing there. So, I drive to the Cool Springs Verizon, aka the 7th cirlce of hell, wait for 30 minutes, and am then told I cant get a new phone until Wednesday. As I climbed back into my car, I had tears in my eyes. Then I realized, it was time to get a grip.

Thankfully, my phone decided to partially begin functioning later in the night. For the past 5 days I have been without the ability to type a "j, k, f, 0, or send." While it has been frustrating, it has definitely made for some comical bbm convos. I sound like an asian nail tech at all times as, "I lie everything so much." ha

In other news...

I actually left work promptly at 5:00pm on Monday. Proud of myself, I jammed to some Outkast and started down Mount Juliet Road to avoid interstate traffic. Again... BAM!!! This time, I'm using the term literally. Wait... how did I just hit the car infront of me... I was stopped?! Dazed, I got out of my car in the scorching afternoon sun to survey the situation. There we were, me and the caddy sandwiched in the middle of these two wimpy cars with way worse damage. First things first. I asked the man infront of me, "Sir, are you ok? Im so sorry, they hit me and..."

Quickly, in an aggitated tone, "yea, yea, Im fine. I gotta go."

Looking at his severely damaged bumper, I hesitated but then tried to stop him... to absolutely no avail. He waasOUT of there. Note: **Drving without insurance is apparently not cool even if the accident wasnt your fault. Seeing as how he wouldnt be footing my bill anyway, I shrugged it off and walked behind my car. There stood a 60-yr-old, blonde, gretchen wilson and her jimmy buffet boy toy. Almost giggly, she apologized, and we quickly assured each other that we were fine. Ok, Ok, I think to myself. You gotta call the cops before these people bolt too. Anyone out there ever had that dream where you need to call 911 but you can't dial the number??? Well, 862-8600 is pretty tricky too without a "6." Remember...broken phone...dang.

"Um, hey, mam, do ya'll have a phone?"

"Awww, honey, yeaaa, somewhere, I think, I so sorry we were just feedin eachother and not payin no attention." And, she continues to digress. TMI, lady. Fine. I'll go into the gas station and use their's. After about 20 minutes on hold with the cops, I tell them our location and walk back outside. Gretchen's still chillin by her car but Jimmy's walkin off somewhere behind the service station. I don't give it much thought.

Finally, about 45 minutes pass and the second cop, the one who can actually do something besides babysit the scene, appears on the scene. After exchanging all of the necessary info, he begins to survey my damage, noting scracthes and my damaged bumper.

"Um, sir, just for your notes, there is damage to my front bumper too."

"Why? Did you hit something?!"

"Um, yes, I told the other cop. It was him, me and those two." Looking back, I notice Jimmy's still apparently hiding behind the gas station... but whatever. About this time a third car pulls up and a nicely dressed man gets out, walks over, and introduces himself to the officer.

"Hello officer, I'm Mr. Blank." Pointing at Gretchen, "Yea, her husband."

Immediately, I turn red in the face. Did he just say "her husband?" I guess with her hideous, electric blue seabring totalled, she needed a ride home? yikes. Could her long-haired, 40-something beau not have called them a cab, a friend, anyone?!??

Me- "Uhhhhh, officer, can I return to my vehicle?????" The rest is history, but let's just say that miss giggly turned into tears, and I wanted to get the H out of there. Later that night, Chad and I were sitting on the porch when he swore he heard a rustle in the trees and suggested I go into witness protection. haha,,, but seriously.

So yea, those are my stories for the week. Neither life-altering or really even that entertaining, but sometimes you've just got to vent. I feel much better having let all of that off my chest. At the end of the day, though, nothing can get me down. It is my golden birthday week and the celebrations begin tomorrow!!! On Saturday, all of my friends are going up to the lakehouse to watch football, grill out and play cornhole. perfection :) I cannot wait. I'm also happy because my husband is adorable. He had to travel to the ATL last night for business. I spent the evening at my sister's, but had this on my pillow when I crawled in bed at home. Love him. Looooove him :)



I miss you too, dodo. Now to get my nails painted GOLD :)

2 comments:

Em said...

you.crack.me.up.period

Allison said...

happy birthday week! what crazy adventures you have!