Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Party Is OVER

Well, last weekend was epic. Seriously, it could've been the funniest time of my entire life. I am too lazy today to properly document the festivities, so I'll just sum it up in a quick play-by-play format. Perhaps pictures will make this even more simple. Give me a second, I'll upload...

OK, in the meantime I will give you a brief synopsis. Thursday, Linz comes to town, which is ALWAYS a good time. Love my Linz. Then, Saturday, my bday, was absolutely perfect. The weather was gorgeous. All of my teams won, the hotdogs came sizzling off the grill, and yes, fall was finally in the air. In my little world, nothing can beat having a group of my friends congregate at the lake. I don't know if it's all the windows or the endless supply of food that always seems to exist up there, but my family's lakehouse is my favorite place in the whole world. With most of my closest friends under one roof, I couldnt have been happier. The Fusons won all of our corn-hole games, too, so that was the icing on the birthday cake :)

As I'm sure you've gathered from previous posts, there are babies, babies, everywhere! All those little schmooschy faces, though, certainly added to the fun of the day. Not to mention, I was very impressed with those of my friends who drove all the way to Smithville with their diaper bags, pack and plays... oh, and not to mention, breast pumps. yikes.

After a delicious dinner on Saturday, the games began winding down and our group decided to explore the town of Smithvegas. For those of you who are not Center Hill regulars, you may not know the wonders that this town has to offer. I mean.... theyve got a Walmart, a Dairy Queen, and a Sonic. Yep, that's about it. SJ, though, being my bestie that she is, strongly suggested we go to this watering hole that we see regularly on our way down to the dock. With less than a few other options, we took her advice.

GENIUS!

Kareoke soon ensued and we could NOT get enough. Every member of our group sang atleast 5 songs. Highlights included Dillon and Chad's rendition of "Family Tradition," the girls' tribute to Carrie Underwood and "Before He Cheats," Dillon's several solos, and the entire group's smash hit "Friends In Low Places," always a crowd favorite. Yes, we made a few friends along the way. I only wish we  had more pictures of AAron, Amy, Curtis, Kimmy and of course, the infamous Terry. Ahhhhh with their mullets, tank tops, and breathe right strips, they truly made our night. I wish I could explain, but my futile efforts just wouldnt suffice. Phew. Pictures are ready!
Linz in town :)





Maggie's Landing


jay with our new friend Aaron.


with Terry!


Singing Happy Birthday! I love my friends.

1 comment:

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

happy belated bday sweetie! looks like yall had a wonderful wknd! xoxo