Sunday, May 22, 2011

How Cool Are They?

During my brief stint working at Posh, one of Nashville's most-fabulous boutiques, the experience of living in poverty was balanced by the fact that I was able to play dress up all day and meet some fascinating Nashvillians. Sure, there were the usual suspects, Carrie Underwood, T Swift, and others, but those who had the most lasting impressions on me were the creative Stylists who make these stars look stunning. Trust me, Carrie Underwood is beautiful no matter what, but the girl is a fashion trainwreck on any given day when she dresses herself. Oh well, at least she makes millions and can afford someone else to dress her for public events. Thank goodness. One time, she came in with her then-boyfriend, now-husband and was wearing jelly-looking, flip-flop wedges, encrusted in rhinestones. On that day, she also purchased about 4 pairs of shoes from our "sale room" (really, Carrie?) all of which were horrendous.

I digress... but my point being; stylists are muy importante. Oftentimes, though, they see themselves as the celebrities, marching in a store pointing and directing like they own the place. Annoying. One Nashville stylist, however, managed to be fabulous and efficient while treating me like more of a fellow stylist than the hired help... even though I guess that was technically my role. In her field, Amber Lehman is quite accomplished, having styled stars such as Julianna Hough and a myriad of other musicians; still, during her pulls at Posh, she always asked even the lowely sales assistants for our opinions. For this reason, I have continued to follow Amber's career, via her blog, even as I have flown far from the reatail-world coop. After all, I will always love fashion.

My favorite blogs to peruse usually include some aspect of fashion or home decor... typical girl. Therefore, you can just imagine my excitement when I clicked on Amber Lehman's blog last week and found this! Apparently Amber has teamed up with "Ash Interiors" to create the most interesting concept. They have been collaborating for a while, so since I am apparently behind the times, I feel the need to let all 5 of my readers know about this immediately. Basically, these talented ladies take a girl's "look," usually a celebrity, or a composition of a certain "style" and decorate a room that mirrors this personal style. Othertimes, they work backwards, finding a fabulous room on a blog or website, and pull together fashion inspirations such as jewelry, clothing, even nail polish that coordinate the look of the room! I think it is absolutely fantastic! Perhaps in my next home, I will decorate one room as girly as I would like... just my style, not taking into account or incorporating the masculinity of my hubby. I think this dream room would look similar to the below link. And not surprisngly, I love all of the inspiration peices they paired with this "look." Well done, ladies, well done!

http://ashinteriors.net/?p=819

 Be sure to check out some of the other installments of Amber & Ash, too. Leihghton Meester's room is another one of my favs... and Rachel Bilson's style breakdown.... and Alexa Chung...AH! I can't decide.

The ladies' take on what Rhianna's bedroom might be like. This style is slightly too-baroque for me; however, I think it is DEAD ON for Rhianna, and I do love that Horchow chandelier. Dream on, Katelyn.

Oh, and just incase these ladies are searching for ideas for the next installment. KATE BOSWORTH: hint hint.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is Ashley from ASH Interiors! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm going to bookmark your fabulous blog! xoxo-ash