Sunday, April 25, 2010

Conscious Cops

As promised, I have decided to enjoy a hopefully-extended hiatus from the serious talk. Venus and Mars has certainly evolved in tone and content over the past month, but so far, I’m pleased and not surprised by the randomness it entails. First things first, and then a little story. To the astounding number of you who have offered my family encouragement over the past week, THANK YOU! Truly. My sister is currently staked out in her high-rise hospital condo amidst an overwhelming display of affection from many of you. I mean, we are talking every hostess cake, salty snack and dvd money can buy! Witnessing Rachel’s transformation over the past week has been amazing, and watching her belly grow a little each day is both encouraging and just downright exciting! Seriously guys, thank you.


In other much-less-significant news, I am WANTED in the state of Tennessee. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I admit. My tags are EXPIRED (gasp!!). I think it goes without saying, I’ve been busy. And believe it or not, two days in a row, Middle Tennessee’s finest have validated this excuse. You see, for the past two consecutive evenings, I have been pulled over. Yep. Blue lights and all. In neither instance, however, was my typically-heavy right foot the culprit. Instead, the problem derived from my hectic schedule and my complete lack of desire to ever visit the vehicle testing center. Still, come Monday morn, I promise to be a changed woman. Finally, a day off… and a trip to the county clerk’s office. I’d say it’s high time. You think? Two close calls… I’m not risking another friendly warning on the third try. Good night and good riddance.

Me on  Monday night... if i don't get my act together. :(

No comments: