Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wow

Today was a good day. Yep. Today was a really good day... despite all odds. As I lay down for a much-needed good-night's sleep, I am overwhelmed but far from conquered. You see, I am overwhelmed by feelings of gratitude and thankfulness. I know, I know, enough with the cheesy, sappy stuff, but remember that perspective I talked about last time? Well, it'll do it to you; it'll turn the most dry, even cynical, wit into an unencumbered sap, gushing with emotion. So, for now, I guess that's me.

Throughout the course of this day, amidst learning modules at work and 2,000 calorie meals with the boy, I found my mind momentarily drowned by the much-needed distractions and joys of life and laughter. Still, a solitary notion continued to rise to the surface of my thoughts. “How the heck do people go through life, good times and especially the bad, without God?” Have you ever really thought about that? For many of us, familiar with the peace and inexplicable calm that faith affords, the idea of facing life alone seems foreign. We forget, all the while, that this isolated existence is the means by which most people live. Considering this, how much more should we delight in not only our salvation but also, the body of Christ?

Not once today did I look at my phone without an asterisk (*) alerting me to my email, text messages or bbm. What an absolute joy it is to experience the body of Christ in times of trouble and perhaps even more so, in times of waiting. Thank you to all of you who have offered everything from words of encouragement to Full House DVDs! My future mother-in-law, the saint that she is, is even planning to visit Rachel tomorrow night armed with her trimming scissors, nail polish and manicure tools. I mean, how cool is that?

While I promise to return to Venus and Mars’ more light-hearted, quirky content soon, I want to leave you with the words to this song, as they spoke so perfectly to my thoughts and to my heart on the drive home tonight. Sleep tight, world.

I’m waiting, I’m waiting on you Lord
And I am hopeful, I’m waiting on you Lord
Though it is painful, but patiently I will wait


And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting I will serve you
While I’m waiting I will worship
While I’m waiting I will not faint
I’ll be running the race even while I wait
---------------------------------
John Waller “While I’m Waiting”

1 comment:

Danelle said...

beautiful post katelyn. I'm glad I got to hear your heart. :)