Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some Favs of Today

Perhaps it’s the sunshine today coupled with the fact that I’m off work, but this day seems unusually good thus far. So, in hopes of extending my good mood to you, my 5 readers, I’ve decided to compile a short list of a few things that are contributing to today's mood.

(1) I’m desperately trying to avoid my usual food theme on this list of favs, but I seriously can’t resist mentioning my favorite snack. Unlike the rest of my family, I am a salt lover. I could go the rest of my life without ice cream or chocolate. Chips, however, I need daily. Thank goooooodnees, I have now found a “healthy” chip. Ok, Pringles, you’re not fooling anyone. Not even me. But major props for at least attempting to mask the excessive calories and sodium levels with the new “multi-grain” can. Also, I think picturing them with the apples helps to promote the vague notion of "heathiness."


Truly Delicious

(2) Forever 21: Murfreesboro. If you know me, you know I love love love clothing. I undoubtedly love expensive clothes, but nothing thrills me more than a good bargain find. SO naturally, I’ve been a fan of XXI (they think they’re cool now) for years. Recently, XXI opened a new store in the 'boro, and it. is. fab. Contrary to the mess and headache of the Opry Mills local, the store is clean, relatively neat and shopper-friendly. I go weekly, and on most days, despite the occasion, you will find me donning a mixture of XXI and usually Posh or Target. Right now, I am most excited about my new linen/denim jumper! I mean, it’s shorts, it’s comfy and it’s under $25. Sold and sold.

*Excuse the mess that is my closet*

(3) Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you should know this. But just incase, a reminder: I love Brittany Fuson Stationery. Sure, she is my sisser-to-be, and yes, I am undoubtedly partial, BUT her creations continue to be amazing. Over the past week or so, Brittt’s blog has been especially creative, and I encourage you to check it out (see my dashboard). If you have been under the aforementioned rock and haven’t viewed her work, get out and check out http://www.brittanyfuson.com/. Prepare to want things.

My little BF collection

Other favorites include Easter-egg-colored nail polishes and the ENTIRE new J.Crew catalog. I seriously want everything in it. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true. Hmmmm what do I want first?!?!?!

**Oooh, oooh, one last thing I love. My dad has not only learned to access my blog but also to make "anonymous" comments. I love it. He seriously almost gave me a heart attack yesterday with his comment on the Madaam Speaker. Hilarious. I'm sincerely impressed Steve-O.**

3 comments:

Brittany Fuson said...

oh WOW....you're collection needs a serious update. These are true vintage pieces.

Allison said...

love the stationary and jumper!

Rachel Wiles said...

Laughed out loud about dad. He was seriously proud of his comment and mom was genuinely impressed.

Oh and I've taken on your love of all things salty with this pregnancy. I'd much rather have pickles than ice cream any day! :)