Monday, March 29, 2010

2010 Greatness.... And All The Reasons Why

Perhaps it’s the former journalist inside me that has made me so ancy, but more than likely it’s because I’m SO STINKIN EXCITED about the story and the pictures I’ve been forced to sit on since January. As many of you already know, more than a little excitement has been taking place in the Ruckart household over the past few months. We’ve got a wedding dress in one room, closets full of china in another and recently, drum roll please…… BABY PREPARATIONS!!! Woo hoooo! And just for the record, I am not pregnant. Whoa.
     To give you a little background, the fun began in early September when my bff Anne called to tell me I was going to be Aunt Kakey! WHAT?!?!?!?! This was HUGE news, and so the hype began. A baby?!?! Too much to handle. But wait, only two weeks later, my boyfriend beggggggggged me to marry him on Sept 18th, the best day of my life. Ok, ok maybe I actually said “yes!!!!!” before he finished the sentence, but I’m sure he would’ve begged like crazy if needed; after all, he was already down on one knee. Anyways, back to babies. So the plans began, a baby in May and a wedding in June! What could be better? Well just let me tell you….
     The holidays rolled around. But before we could even get to the wonderfulness that was Christmas, Chad and I went to Chuy’s (new restaurant in Cool Springs) with our dear friends Emily and Jonas. The story goes like this. Jonas- “Soooo, speaking of people being fat…. You’re gonna have one more fat bridesmaid.” Me- “WHAT? WHAT?!?! YESSSSS!!!!!” Chad- “…………….. huh?” That’s right, ladies. Emily was pregnant tooooo! Time to change the bridesmaid's dresses for sure!
     Wow. So we got through the holidays, surviving a few stomach bugs along the way, and finally, we reached the much needed lull that January seems to bring. My mom’s bday (Jan 15th), however, did give us a reason to celebrate so the fam decided to take the party to Sperry’s. Below. are some of the pictures of Carol receiving her bday card from Brad and Rachel but signed by “the 3 of us.” It is unbelievable that I got my camera out, because I had no idea.




     The evening was truly perfect, and I was SO EXCITED to find out this past Friday that I am going to be an Uncle!!!! Catch that? I was so sleepy Friday morning, that’s briefly what I thought. Ha.
     Keeping with the baby theme and in my attempts to create the longest blog of all time, I have also included below a few pictures from bff Anne’s baby shower a few weeks ago. Not only was it so fun to see my beautiful friend receive some awesome gifts, it was also a productive day as I discovered that I should NEVER wear un-belted tunics again, No, people, despite the looks of things, I am not the pregnant one. Wow.

3 comments:

Allison said...

congrats uncle! love the pic of carol and rachel.

Em said...

ahhhhhh love that picture of your momma

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

shutup. there's no way anyone would think you were pregnant in that tunic. welcome to blog-land and me and Lofto need to see you SOON!