Monday, March 22, 2010

Due to Popular Demand

     Blogging is weird. But so am I: that’s how I would like to introduce you to the world of Katelyn Ruckart. Currently, this world is undergoing some pretty major renovations, and while the last thing I have these days is time on my hands, I like to give the people what they want. So to all of you out there who have been BEGGING for the debut of my blog, I’d like to dedicate this to you. I would like to especially give a shout out to all my followers in the Central American Region, my girls down in Cape Town and of course not forgetting, the hundreds of letters I received from those of you in the People’s Republic of China!!!
     Endeavoring upon the world of blogging, the bloggisphere if you will, is both strange and exciting. To my many many fans, that have been writing in to request a blog, I have often responded, “But what in the world would I write about?” Lately, however, perhaps in response to my complete mental overload, I have thought of many topics- both completely bizarre and ridiculously mundane-all about which I could blog myself into a frenzy. While most would consider a background in writing to serve as a catalyst for blogging, I disagree. After all, I don’t have the time or brainpower to make all those red squiggly lines disappear beneath my words or satisfy my need for diversified structure and syntax. Therefore this, my commencing blog, could serve as one of only a few.
     In order to categorize and simplify the topics I would like Venus and Mars to cover, I would first like to introduce you to a few of my inspirations. Eventually, I will add these people to the side of my screen in the obvious, not so much to me, way that most of you do. What do I love? Fashion (brittanyfuson) Family (emilyfridrichsen aubreywest and cherrywood) and always, Humor (allisonsrandomness).
     As previously mentioned, I am currently trekking through several life transitions. Undoubtedly the most significant and permanently life-altering shift … going from ME to US…weird. While randomness will surely dominate many of posts, my intention is to take you through some of the usually-frustrating, mostly-incidental and hopefully-entertaining moments that occur during this process. Over the next year, I assume I will experience a myriad of thoughts and emotions while learning to pick my battles, live with a boy and most importantly, become a wife. In slightly less-significant happenings, look for updates on the frustrations and joys resulting from starting a new job, moving BACK in with the parentals and dah dah dum…. wedding planning!!!

     I would truly like to thank the 3 of you, who have taken the time to read this nonsense. As previously mentioned, I hope to be read by fans spanning the globe. But realistically, I’m most satisfied with “filling in” those of you who have recently found it difficult to reach me. I am so blessed and relieved to have solid friends in my life that care enough to get annoyed with me when I don’t take the necessary time to keep them informed. I am genuinely thankful for those, “kater, where are you? I need wedding deets immediately!” texts I receive from time to time. As I venture through these next couple of months, I promise to attempt to be more accessible. After all, who am I kidding? My life’s not that crazy and my exhausted is most people’s normal. But for now, that’s all I’ve got. Thanks for reading and check back soon.



***photos and a less-lame format coming soon***

7 comments:

Allison said...

yay! love the new blog. i love that you are a writer and putting something out there! also,thanks for the shoutout! cant wait to see what is to come! i am by no means an expert but let me know if you have blogger questions! it was mainly trial and error for me. good luck!

Aubrey said...

WOOHOO!! you are going to one amazing blogger! cant wait! i love you little bridey!

Em said...

FINALLY!!! And yea im your first comment! I am so excited for this blog mainly because it will help my awful boring days pass by and also because it will keep me updated on your life and your wedding plans because i suck as well at keeping myself informed on your stuff! Love you!!

Unknown said...

OMG I am obsessed. HAHAHA you are too funny...and I would like wedding deets immediately please! Love you and miss you lots!

katelynclaire said...

Well don't hold your breath on wedding deets. I struggle with caring. But maybe that will change as the day nears. Check back soon though for more important, Much more intriguing topics like "what I ate today" and "listen to this stupid dream I had"... You know, I'm thinking about making this blog a simple compilation of all the things I want to talk about but that no one cares ANYthing about. Wait, I think I'm accomplishing that already. Ha

Anonymous said...

I found your comments about our vice president and maddam speaker to be off base.If it were not for their tireless efforts we all would not have free healthcare for life!

katelynclaire said...

Hey steve-o, better quit hob knobbin with all your repubs if you wanna make comments like that. I'm not scared to expose you during an election year.