Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Styles of Smithvegas

Last weekend, the mister and I were able to spend a few nights in Smithville, TN, a town maintaining the truest taste of Americanna. With only a Dairy Queen, Bumpers Drive-thru and a handful of mom-and-pop shops, this place still exudes the refreshing ambiance of small-town America. I may be a "big-city girl" these days, but as a Murfressboro girl, I'll always have  place inmy heart for the small towns of TN. Sure, Walmart and Handle Bars II are about the only places open after 9 pm in Smithvegas, but that's fine because the annual, world-renown Fiddler's Jamboree on 4th of July weekend provides enough excitement to last these folks most of the year. I can't wait!

Last Friday, whilst driving through "downtown" Smithville, which means "by the Walmart," I spotted something truly eye-catching  amongst the sea of beat-up trucks and broken-down sea doos that line the endless used-car lots along the main drag. Immediately mesmerized, I made Chad turn around and take me back. "Turn around! Turn around, now!" By the time we pulled in the lot, I could not wait to get out and take a closer look of this little treasure... my dream car.



This 1972, fully-restored Ford Bronco now has my heart. The thought of me driving this around the husband's farm one day, top taken off, wind in my hair... sounds like a great time! Unfortunately, fully-restored means that the pricetag is fully out of the our price range. Oh well.The funny thing is that as much as I loved it, Chad loved it even more. He kept talking for days about how he wanted to buy it for me so badly. To which I would reply, "stop saying that! It's mean. Quit being such a tease." In reality though, I think it's cute that he wants me to have it :) Maybe one of us will find an extra 15k lying around somewhere soon. I looked under the couch this morning... to no avail. Until then, I'll just keep this little beauty parked in Smithvegas and hopefully visit from time to time.

1 comment:

Em said...

ummm excuse me holy moly...that is the car that me and jonas have been wanting to buy since FOREVER....maybe we should both go in on it and we could share it...yall have it for a weeke then we have it for a week....its genius!